Friday, April 3, 2020

"My Shadow" ~a Classic Favorite


Throughout April I will be sharing my favorite poems with you. I hope you like them as much as I do and maybe YOU will begin to write some too!

"My Shadow,"  by Robert Louis Stevenson is one of my favorite poems. Although it was written in 1885, it is still popular because it describes a child who is fascinated by his own shadow, and aren't we all??



Does this make you wonder about your shadow too? Go outside and observe your shadow in the morning, at noon, and as the sun is setting. What do you notice? Can you make connections to the child in the poem?

If  you want to learn MORE about this poem, click HERE for a fun resource, and below are a few videos for you to hear recitations of this famous poem!





No comments:

Post a Comment

CELEBRATING GRATITUDE

    N o v e m b e r                                a time of celebration   Thanksgiving is a well-known November holiday celebrated by famil...