Thursday, July 11, 2024

Slightly Off Topic~


Last summer I enjoyed days of intense writing through the Southern Maine Writing Project, an affiliate of the National Writing Project. When it ended I was different. When it ended, I felt strong, grounded and clear. When it ended I promised myself I would continue to write. I didn't. 
So now, every so often, I will write here with a different voice. There might be a subtle shift in point-of-view. On a blog primarily designed to share resources and thoughts around counseling and social emotional topics, this might feel slightly off topic, but is it? 
Writing IS social emotional. 

Writing has many benefits for emotional well-being. Writing can be a creative outlet where we feel safe to explore our thoughts and emotions, leading to stronger self-awareness and emotional regulation. Writing can also support goal setting,, helping the author to gain insight, reflect on progress, and make adjustments. Lastly, writing can help us learn to reflect and express ourselves which can help us to communicate better in other ways. Building a disciplined writing habit can even improve concentration, a skill we all need in the fast, instant gratification world in which we now live.

I write for myself. I write to encourage others. I write because writing is a powerful tool, an emotional outlet, and an art of communication.
❤❤❤



Notable Articles 
Reading Rockets Article: SEL and Writing










No comments:

Post a Comment

Podcasts for Kids

Podcasts for kids?     !!! YES!!! Podcasts can be a valuable learning tool                            and will support social emotional lear...